Gotta ton of work to “just knock out?” Try these handy tips:
- Do not listen to the first recording of Allen Ginsberg reading Howl because then you’ll realize you are wasting your life on this project and need to go do something truly important.
- No, now is not a good time for inbox zero.
- Yes, you do need to see the dentist about that funny spot on your teeth, but waiting on hold is just an excuse to play LeapDay. Let’s fess up.
- “More research” is code for “not making.”
- No, the dishes in the sink will wait.
- Stop rejiggering the framework, and just make what you said you’d make!
“I’m thinking about it wrong” just leads to more anguish, and less shipping.
The phrase “the best is the enemy of the good” is only possible approach, my friend.
- Mute the sound, those notifications are not for anything important.
- Don’t freak out about the wall of stuff. Pick one item. Do it. Take the next item. Do it.
- Candy! Coffee! Cola! Whiskey! SOME CHEMICAL WILL SURELY WORK.
- Stop blogging