don’t make me think
is this really such an incredibly beautiful design that they couldn’t risk ruining it by adding more information so I’d know what was a link and where it might take me?
So where do I click to learn about possible plans? In the big gray box that tells me they provide health insurance?
- no, none of the stuff in the big gray box is linked. it does rotate, showing me a picture of a nice dog.
- no, there’s nothing useful in the blue news box
- no, there is no help in the gray rectangle, even though that looks more like navigation than anything on the page it doesn’t lead to anywhere I want to go
- nope, the banner ads don’t look useful (I checked them out when I realized they were for Aetna)
- wait– I see something under the big gray box. I’ll try Aetna group insurance (we’re a group). nope, that’s wrong
Yep, finally U.S. Healthcare was the link I needed.
This is a classic example of a page for investors and the CEO, as opposed to their actual customers. Is that a good idea?
compare that to Pacificare
click to see larger image
You can complain that it’s ugly if you want, but I do have a pretty clear idea where to click.