Despite Janice’s apparent inability to count, Groundwork for Project Success is a terrific article. Damn, that girl writes real good.
“Why Projects Go Awry
If you’ve been working on the Web for any length of time, you’ve either experienced or witnessed some real train wrecks. Here are the top ten ways that projects fail:
- The project gets bogged down in approvals.
- Your assumptions about project goals are way off base.
- You discover halfway through that the scope is much greater than you’d imagined.
- Feature creep. Your client continues to add little bits of functionality until you’re behind schedule and over budget.
- Disenfranchised people become obstacles.
- Nobody listens to you, even though you’re supposedly in charge.
- Nobody understands what you’re saying, maybe because you don’t have the same understanding of the project.
- Someone important and powerful (like the CEO) hates the final solution a week before launch.
- Your proposed solution can’t be implemented.”
any proposals for number ten?