At the Hotel Lucia, one can order a pillow to one’s liking. Let me repeat you can order your favorite kind of pillow!
After shower quality, I think a bad pillow is what makes me saddest as a hotel guest. Oh, and bad sheets. and crappy mattress. and not enough blankets. and no clock. and old air conditioners and… hmm. A lot can go wrong in a hotel. Bad wall art is low on the list for me, after many creature comforts including a decent pillow. But having a pillow I’d like was one of the things I had given up on (I like very flat pillows). Imagine my delight when I saw the sign.
I’m happy to say that the Hotel Lucia offered
- drinkable coffee
- comfy mattress with enough blankets/pillows (plus hte mind-blowing option of ordering a pillow)
- windows that opened, and a functional thermostat
- lovely decor, including orginal signed photographs
- a proper cd player and a big TV
- wireless phone
- shampoo and conditioner (I hate hotels that punk out and get that conditioning shapoo. it doesn’t condition and it doesn’t clean well)
— and it was some of the best smelling shampoo I’ve ever had. Aveda rosemary-mint.
- king size bed.
- gorgeous chrome ice bucket and both highball and wine glsses.
and much more.
I highly recommend you stay there if you are ever in Portland as a guest, but I especially recommend it for you experience designer types.
But moreover, it’s a good example of ways you can find to delight people, if you just question every single aspect of the experience…